Effective date: April 1, 2019
Last updated: October 10, 2019
If you live in a country in the European Economic Area (which includes the European Union), and any other included country or territory (collectively referred to as the European Region), your Services are provided by Cypherdog Poland Limited (“Cypherdog Poland”), which is also the data controller responsible for your information when you use our Services.
If you live in any other country, except those in the European Region, your Services are provided by Cypherdog Inc., which is also your data controller responsible for your information when you use our Services.
Please also read Cypherdog’s Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
Information We Collect
Cypherdog must receive or collect some information to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services. The types of information we receive and collect depend on how you use our Services.
Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You provide your e-mail address and basic information (including a profile name) to create a Cypherdog account.
- Your Messages. We do not any your messages to our Services to you. Once your messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, and share location information) are delivered encrypted to other Cypherdog user, they are deleted from our servers or memory RAM. Your messages are stored on your own device. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 3 days as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 3 days, we delete it. We offer end-to-end encryption for our Services, which is on by default, when you and the people with whom you message use a version of our app released after April 2, 2016. End-to-end encryption means that your messages are encrypted to protect against us and third parties from reading them. Learn more about End-to-End Encryption and Businesses on Cypherdog.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
How The General Data Protection Regulation Applies To Our European Region Users
Our Legal Bases For Processing Information
We collect, use, and share the information we have as described above:
- as necessary to fulfill our Terms;
- consistent with your consent, which you can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- occasionally to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, relevant, safe, and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data. Learn More
Assignment, Change Of Control, And Transfer
Protecting children’s privacy is very important to Cypherdog. Our Site is not intended for, designed to be used by, or targeted at children. We do not knowingly collect Data from any person who is an individual under the age of 13.
We are in compliance with the requirements of EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 as well as COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and we do not collect any Information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Notice to parents
If you are a parent or a guardian who knows or has otherwise discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her Personal Information, or other Information, to us without your consent, permission or authorization, do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will promptly remove your child’s Personal Information or other Information from our system, cease the use of such Information and direct any third party with access to it to do the same.
Updates To Our Policy
If You Are In The European Region
The Data Protection Officer for Cypherdog Poland can be contacted here.
Cypherdog Sp. z o.o., Plac Solny 14/3, 50-062 Wrocław, Poland
If You Are Outside The European Region
Cypherdog Security Inc., 100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 700, Santa Monica, 90401 CA, USA
General contact form: https://cypher.dog/contact/
Cypherdog’s Data Protection Officer contact: email@example.com